Saturday, October 2, 2010

Week 4 Post 3: Advertisements


The Old Spice Body Wash is a great example of how advertisement can alter a person’s judgment and cause people to buy their product. This is a body wash that is directed towards women to help their boyfriend/husband look like him. The Old Spice commercial has been seen on television with a great dialogue to attract its customers. “Hello ladies, look at your man then back at me, now back at your man, now back at me. Sadly he isn’t me. But if he stopped using lady scented body washes, and switch to Old Spice he could smell like its me.” This is how he starts his commercial, as it goes on, he can change his location from being in a shower, then on a boat with an oyster that can change into diamonds, and ends up on a horse! I don’t believe you can look like him if you use the product, but maybe smell like him. In reality, I’m not even sure if he even uses that product on himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment